Protecting Your Rights
As a Suncoast PACE participant, you have the right to fully participate in all decisions related to your health care. If you cannot do this or want someone who you trust to help, you can choose that person to act on your behalf. We ensure your right to choose by:
- Explaining all treatment options in a language that you understand
- Keeping you informed of your health status
- Helping you complete advance directive (living will) and/or dementia living will extension documents
- Ensuring our medical staff is available to address your concerns 24/7
- Providing written advance notice of any plan to move you to another treatment setting and the reason you are being moved
All of your health care services, including primary care and specialist services, must be received from the Suncoast PACE facility or an entity authorized by Suncoast PACE. Participants may be fully and personally liable for the costs of unauthorized or out-of-PACE agreement services.
When Emergencies Happen
As a Suncoast PACE participant, you are entitled to receive emergency medical services anywhere in the United States, whenever needed and without Suncoast PACE approval. These instances include when you think your health is in serious danger.
Call Us Today